In the volatile investment climate that we are currently experiencing, and have been experiencing for some time now, it is understandable that members would be concerned about the impact that the most recent investment portfolio returns may have on their retirement savings. In this special edition of the mailer we provide answers to the questions that we have received on this topic, which we trust will also address any concerns you may have.
We can also confirm that all the NFMW-portfolios delivered positive returns during the month of September, which translates to excellent year-to-date performance figures. These figures are provided later in this mailer.
Remember, it is in times like these that it is important to remain focused on long-term investment goals and not make any important decisions based on the short term. The fund remains committed to provide well-diversified investment portfolios, which will provide real investment returns and capital growth over the long term for all its members.
We are always here to help if you need any information or assistance with any fund-related matter.
F&Q: SOME OF YOUR INVESTMENT QUESTIONS RECEIVED BY THE FUND
- Where and how are my monthly retirement fund contributions invested, and who decides how my savings are invested?
- What are the reasons for negative returns during some months, or over longer periods, and when can we expect to see positive/better returns?
- What can be done by the fund to try and minimise any negative impact on returns for members?
- Should I consider switching to a “safer portfolio” that provides guaranteed positive returns?
- I was planning for an early retirement, but at the rate things are going, I will have to work longer. Do I have other options?
- How does the NFMW’s returns compare to other local government funds?
NFMW LATEST INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO RETURNS
During September, all the NFMW-portfolio returns were positive, which translates into excellent year to date performance figures. The table shows the most recent return declaration and the graph highlights the calendar year to date returns:
The table below indicates the most recent and longer-term returns experienced by the various NFMW -portfolios as at 30 July 2019.
|September 2019||Year to date||Last 12 months|
ABSA limited transactional account offer! Get R2 000 cash in your account when you open a new Premium Banking Account or Get R1 500 on opening a new Gold Value Bundle.
- The offer is only available through an ABSA Retail Sales Consultant
- Limited offer ends 30 November 2019
- Customer must switch their salary within 45 days from date of account opening
- Customer must switch their debit orders to this new account
- Customer must meet specific qualifying deposit criteria for three consecutive months
- Customer must be and remain in good standing
- Individual Requirements: ID-card/book , payslip , proof of address (utility bill), NFMW-membership card
- Group Scheme Code: 10682
Please click on the following link for the detailed Terms and Conditions.https://www.absa.co.za/content/dam/south-africa/absa/pdf/Offers/terms-and-conditions/absa-work-place-banking-gvb-and-pvb-terms-and-conditions.pdf