This is the last edition for 2019 and most of us are looking forward to a well-deserved break.The latest investment returns are provided in this mailer and please also take note of the office closure dates.
I would like to wish you and your loved ones a joyous festive season from all of us at the National Fund for Municipal Workers.
Thank you for your continued support.
NFMW LATEST INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO RETURNS
During October, all the NFMW-portfolio returns were positive, which translates into excellent year to date performance figures. The table shows the most recent return declaration:
|1 month||Year to Date||Last 12 months|
NFMW returns compared to other Local Government funds
The table shows the performances of comparable portfolios of other municipal funds to give you a better sense of the actual investment returns achieved. All returns shown are on a like-for-like basis to the end of October 2019. We are proud to note that the NFMW portfolios have mostly outperformed against our main competitors over the longer term, across all portfolios.
* Comparable to other fund returns
|Aggressive/growth portfolios||1 year||3 years||5 years||7 years||10 years|
|NFMW Aggressive Growth NET *||9,2%||7,2%||7,8%||10,8%||11,4%|
|Alexander Forbes Global Large Manager Watch (Net)||7,9%||6,8%||6,2%||9,3%||10,7%|
|NFMW Aggressive Growth DECLARED||8,7%||6,8%||7,4%||10,0%||10,5%|
|Moderate portfolios||1 year||3 years||5 years||7 years||10 years|
|NFMW Capital Growth Portfolio NET *||9,4%||7,5%||8,2%||10,5%||10,4%|
|NFMW Capital Growth DECLARED||9,0%||7,1%||7,8%||9,7%||9,5%|
|Conservative/low risk portfolios||1 year||3 years||5 years||7 years||10 years|
|NFMW Stable Growth Portfolio NET *||8,6%||6,8%||7,5%||8,1%||8,5%|
|NFMW Stable Growth DECLARED||8,2%||6,4%||7,0%||7,4%||7,6%|
NFMW OFFICE CLOSURE
The offices of the National Fund for Municipal Workers will close at 10:00 on Tuesday, 24 December 2019 and will reopen on Thursday 02 January 2020.
FAMILY COVER CLAIMS(FUNERAL COVER)
During the period of closure, FAMILY COVER CLAIMS must kindly be faxed to 086 668 0750 or emailed to email@example.com. To expedite payment please ensure that all required documents listed below are attached to the claim. Incomplete claims will not be processed for payment.
Documents required for payment purposes:
- Disbursement Family Cover form
- Certified copy of the Member’s ID
- Certified copy of the deceased’s ID / birth certificate (if not the member)
- Certified copy of ID of the applicant (the person responsible for the funeral arrangements)
- Certified copy of the death certificate
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate (in case of a customary union, the lobola letter is required)
- Proof of relationship with the member
- Bank statement reflecting the official bank stamp, name of the applicant as well as the bank account number
- Proof of residential address of applicant
- BI 1663 form (registration of death/stillborn)
- Certified copy of medical aid card (optional)
- Copy of NFMW Nomination form - A016, A017
- Proof of payment for DECEMBER 2019 (schedules)
NFMW-MEMBERS CAN NOW REGISTER FOR ONLINE ACCESS!
The Sanlam online platform allows you to access your benefit information, update personal and beneficiary details, request benefit statements and much more. Register now on https://cp.sanlam.co.za/ or download the free Sanlam My Retirement App.